It’s officially cold outside, and my body has been begging me for some warm, comfy food in the evenings. But I’ve also been craving a little something sweet, and this soup is actually a superb alternative to pastries and desserts, with the sweetness of the Sweet Potato and Sweet Green Peas. A hearty homemade meal! 🙂
Full of vitamins and nutrients, it will boost your immune system, and will help you avoid colds and runny noses during the coming cold days! 🙂
This Recipe is: Dairy Free – Gluten Free – Soy Free – Vegan – Wheat Free
1 large onion, cut in half
2 cups frozen sweet peas
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
2 carrots, diced
1/8 cup Quinoa
1 tbsp olive oil
pumpkin seeds to garnish
1. Heat 6 cups water in a large pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion, carrots and sweet potatoes and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat, and carefully purée soup with blender, until smooth and creamy.
4. Add 1 tbsp olive oil, sweet peas and quinoa, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
5. Remove from heat. Garnish with pumpkin seeds.
226 total views, 2 views today